Hott Mess Express!!!

Surely I can't be that mom right?!... of course not! Or that is at least what is what I tell myself daily. My day starts out like most, with work and then running my kid to any lessons or event that she may have that evening. I try to keep a schedule the best I can, consciously knowing what is on my agenda for the day. Today: Work 8a-3:30p, coach volleyball practice 3:30p-5p, and her tumbling lessons start at 5:30 which usually end at 7p.

Earlier in the week, I had asked a close friend if she wanted to get together for dinner because Thursday after volleyball practice was my only evening free....Oh wait!! I totally forgot about tumbling lessons. Um, yea let me cancel those plans. A typical mom move when her kid(s) has something going on. We as moms rarely take time for ourselves. From waking up at the crack of dawn to finish that load of laundry to staying awake until our bodies flop on the couch and can't get back up. So, I surely don't want to drive back and forth out to her house and only stay for 30mins. I mean seriously, Who can have an enjoyable dinner with their girl friend to catch up on life in 30mins? Let's be realistic here, women can talk! We make conversations about trying to pee in peace into 5hr vent sessions of everything from how I spilled my coffee, to our kid being late for school from a meltdown about a crooked sock, and what our husbands could have done to help our day be better when he was across the country on a business trip...in between those! Oooookay, I probably exaggerated that a little bit but you get the point! I mean let's face it, WOMEN CAN TALK!


Anyways, I cancelled my plans because there just wasn't enough time in the day. The day goes on as usual and I try to be super woman....I mean because what women doesn't think she can't do EVERYTHING in a day...right?! HA!!!! I decide I am going to be "super mom" and squeeze in that girl talk in an hour and 15 while my daughter is at tumbling lessons. So, I call my friend up and tell her I am coming out for a short visit. I even decide that I am going surprise her with a salad and bottle of wine. OH YEAH! I've just figured out a way to squeeze all my stuff in and I even saved the day with wine! I'll go ahead and pat myself on the back for that one.....0hhhh boy! I was so WRONG!


My phone rings but it's a random number I don't know. It's that phone call that every mom dreads. I hear a little voice on the other end, "MOM? Where are you?". Immediately I knew! Ugh, I forgot lessons end early tonight. Better yet, I forgot my child! MOM OF THE YEAR AWARD right here!!! So, of course I hit panic mode because I know it's going to take at least 15mins to get to her and it's already 9mins past lessons ending. Add that up...that is almost 30 full minutes! So that clearly tells me she has waited a little while before she used someone's phone to call me. So I pack up and rush out from my friend's house. Ummmm let's skip the fact about how fast I got there (insert law-abiding citizen right here). I even pull up the message on my phone that has the lessons calendar...oh ummm yea, it does say a different pick up time today! Great this is all my fault! Wait, it gets better!


15mins felt like I was driving across country to get my kid. My phone rings AGAIN! I immediately knew it was my daughter. I didn't even say hello. I answer "YES I AM ON MY WAY!!" Her response, "well I am standing out in the cold". UGH!!!!! Now I am really in a panic! Immediately negativity pours out my mouth like diarrhea! Someone is going to call Child Protective Services on me...Yea, I said it. How dramatic, right?! If you think you don't do it to yourself, Honey... be my guest and come fill my shoes because you'll develop that skill fast! Ugh, I am not that mom! I don't forget my child! I am the person who is supposed to remember EVERYTHING! I DON'T GET TO MAKE MISTAKES!!!....because we all know that "PERFECT MOM" friend. She has it all together! That perfect husband, those perfect kids, that perfect schedule, that PERFECT LIFE! HA! GET REAL!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how silly that sounds because if I did that would turn into one of those 5hr conversations that women love to have! All I could keep saying to myself was "Girl Get yo life together!"


So, At the end of my day I sit here with an inner chuckle and think to myself but I can't be the only woman on this earth who says to their self "Girl get yo life together"...right?!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts